Sep 21

I was not present for the end of Fences as it was Yom Kippur today a jewish holiday but I will still state my opinion. I believe forgiving someone is not forgetting what they have done, but embracing it. To forgive means to realize there was a problem, and that this person has overcome it and asked for forgiveness, not to erase what happened but to move forward or to improve one's relationship. If you cannot forget how an action or consequence has made you feel you should not forgive, and if you feel as though you have not matured through a poor decision and seriously ask for forgiveness you should not apologize. I had a previous relationship ended over cheating, its not like the girl did not like me or anything she just made a poor decision in bad faith. I was given time, endless apologies, reassurance, compliments, and even money and gifts. It all meant nothing as it was all hollow, the money gifted to me by an ex girlfriend feels dirty in comparisson to money sent via a postcard from a grandparent. I could not forgive what she had done even though i had completely forgotten about it and moved on with my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog